« Home | No ordinary Friday » | My Mighty God » | Sound & Light Game » | Bahasa Indonesia » | Off to school I go » | Dad » | Character Day Reflection » | Snow White » | Image Enhancer » | Ibu Shirley's Mathematics Game »

My Flipbook

Mrs Jane came up with a wonderful activity for the grade three students, we were asked to produce our own flipbook!

This activity was different from any other activity that I had done before because the purpose of this task was to show how still objects can actually be perceived as moving objects, simply by repeating the same drawing, but with small changes applied to it, and arranging the drawings in the correct order, so when we join the pages together and flip the book, we will have the perception that the picture is actually moving!

In my case I chose a lady holding a golf stick and I drew the same picture ten times (to make up the ten pages of my flipbook), and every time I lifted the angle of the golf stick to make it appear that the lady was actually swinging the stick, ready to hit the ball.

I had an interesting time putting together this book, as I kept changing the subject of my flipbook before I actually decided on the swinging golf stick.

I was able to put to use my skills as a thinker, as I had to think about how much of an angle to lift the golf stick by each time to give the impression that the lady was actually swinging it.