« Home | Need the time? » | Mud Fight! » | Fun writing machine! » | GGM'S 4TH MARKET DAY... » | My Virtual D.J » | Venn Diagram » | » | Learning from my friends blogs » | My puppy Samantha » | Words for dinner »

Mekarsari Reflection



On Friday April 27, 2007 grade three was meant to go on a field trip, but what we went on was not a field trip at all. What we went on was an amazing, absolutely terrific and unique adventure. Where to start? Well, the beginning is a good place I guess.

After arriving at school we got ourselves organized and onto the bus. I think that secretly, we all must have known what lay ahead as everyone was in high spirits and a feeling of excitement filled the bus. When we arrived at Mekarsari, we were asked to change into our older clothes that we had prepared and packed the previous evening.(The night before when I was getting organized for the trip,my mother asked me why I needed extra clothing,if she only knew what was about to take place she wouldn't need to ask).

After making our way into a slippery, slimy, not to mention gooey, pool of mud, the fish were released into into the water to join us. The idea was for us to try and capture the fish with our hands,I didn't catch anything that looked like a fish, just a whole lot of other strange debris.However that did not matter, it was so much fun just trying.Hesky, our classmate, took the top position for the best catch, as he caught four.

The next activity was even better that the previous one, we were on our way to wash a buffalo!(I'm not joking, we really washed a buffalo). It was such an amazing feeling standing so close to such a large animal. It was unlike anything that I have ever done in my life before. The buffalo were actually tame and looked quite harmless, nonetheless, I kept my distance.

Now this is where the most interesting part of my recount comes in, we were on our way to plant rice. This was a real eye opener for me because I know rice as being something that we buy from the supermarket already packed up and ready to cook. It was interesting to learn the beginning part of the process. It will make me appreciate rice more that I did before, of that I'm certain.

Now let me get right to the best part of the day, after planting rice, our teacher, Mrs Jane,did something so out of the ordinary for an adult, let alone a teacher! Mrs Jane started a mud fight! My mother didn't believe me when I told her, at least untill she saw the evidence posted on Mrs Jane's blog! It was just so amazing! Who would have thought that we were not only allowed to get mud coated, but that our teacher,Mrs Jane, would actually join us! I have never done anything like that before, my mother is always telling me not to get dirty!Oh, what fun!

After the 'mud bath', it was time for a real bath (which was no match for bathing in the mud) Our next stop was to paint a 'caping' hat. We were allowed to use our creativity and paint a decorative design on our hats. My caping will always remind me of our adventurous day at Mekarsari, so I have given it a special position in my bedroom so I can see it every day and be reminded of our fabulous outing.

Our next stop after our painting activity was a short train ride that took us on a tour of the grounds at Mekarsari. It was a perfect way to wrap up a totally unique day. Mrs Jane, let's do it again!

I learned that we need to make it creative so we can do blogs more better

Your score for this reflection is 15/15. Excellent! Next time please use paragraphs. Using paragraphs would have earned you 10 bonus English points.

Post a Comment