« Home | Jesus Lives » | P.R Bahasa » | Water Pollution » | Cup-A-Phone » | Preparation plan for my musical instrument. » | Asyiknya Main Lumpur » | Caring » | LOVE » | Saturday » | My Talents... »

Reflecting back on the construction of my harp.



Reflecting back on the construction of my harp.
The grade three students were recently asked to construct their own instruments that were both pleasing to the eye and actually generated a good sound.
I chose to construct a harp, (the finished product is pictured above) and upon choosing this musical instrument, I made a mind map of the steps that I would take to create it.
Looking back, I can see that I was showing my qualities a risk taker when I chose this particular instrument, as the harp is not an easy instrument to put together.
I would have to say the reason that I chose the harp in the first place is because it is so pleasing to look at and the sound that is generated from it is so very lovely. This musical instrument is often associated with angels, (Another good reason to choose a harp).
However, actually making the harp was anything but lovely! It was confusing and frustrating from the very beginning! It all looked so easy in the photo that I was using for an example, but in reality it was very difficult.
I used old bits and pieces from around the house, as was the plan, but I found that I had to keep changing the construction plan as it looked nothing like my photo!
In the end however, I finally got everything into place (except the strings that still will not cooperate) and there it was, my harp, finished!