« Home | Olden Day... » | More Charlotte's Web Photographs... » | My Homework Task... » | This is A Photograph of Me When I Was 8... » | Salutations!!! »

My Book Project...


When I was in grade two I, along with three other classmates, where lucky enough to meet the President of Indonesia, Mr Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. This wonderful opportunity arose because of a competition that we had in our classroom where our assignment was to author, illustrate, edit and present a book as if we were going to sell it to the public. It was a lot of fun but at the same time I learnt that writing a book is not quite as easy as it seems. I titled my book 'What To Do'. When our teacher had selected the books that would be displayed in an exhibition that was being presented by my school, Sekolah Pelita Harapan Bukit Sentul, at the National Library of Indonesia, we were invited to present our work to the President in person. I was really amazed that the President of Indonesia was so tall, I haven't seen anyone that tall since I last saw my grandfather in Australia! And even more surprising was that he was very kind and spoke English with ease. I must admit that I was a little worried and nervous about actually meeting him, but after he spoke to me all my nervousness disappeared. My classmates and I had our books autographed by Mr Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and he congratulated us on our accomplishments. Afterwards, other members of the President's cabinet who accompanied him to the National Library, came to read and sign our books also. It was a wonderful opportunity and one that I will always cherish.