« Home | More Charlotte's Web Photographs... » | My Homework Task... » | This is A Photograph of Me When I Was 8... » | Salutations!!! »

Olden Day...


Olden Day, September 20,2006

Let me tell you about this photograph. I chose this particular photo as it stirs up fond memories in me. Last year in 2006, our class - led by Mrs Jane, stepped back in time to re-invent a day back in the times when people did not have all the modern day conveniences like we have today. Our entire class participated in what we called an 'Olden Day'. When I talk about modern day conveniences I mean automobiles, electricity, computers and other modern day comforts. Our transportation consisted of horses carts, our school lessons were completed on a blackboard with chalk, our activities and entertainment included waltzing and our refreshments included sipping hot tea. For our lunchtime meal we rode on our old time mode of transportation from our school to a picturesque lake nearby and enjoyed food and raspberry cordial for our beverage. But I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of the whole experience was the part when we dressed up in lovely flowing olden day dresses which, until now, I look at with heartfelt fond memories of a beautiful day that I will remember for ever.