« Home | My love for You I confess » | Country & City Life » | Searching » | Three cherries on a tree » | Surprises » | Merciful Lord Jesus » | CHILDRENS RIGHTS ASSIGNMENT » | Number five on my 'needs' list » | Number four on my 'needs' list » | Number three on my 'needs' list »

IBO Learner Profile


THE IBO LEARNER PROFILE

Sekolah Pelita Harapan has goals for us, as students, to aim for and hopefully achieve whilst we are students. It is also the hope of the school and our teachers that we will learn these very important life skills, and that these skills will stay with us through to our adulthood. Learning these ten basic skills will help us become not only better students, but also better people. These skills, when perfected, will then add to the quality of our person.




CARING
I demonstrate my caring quality when I help my friends in their time of need. For example, when my friend and classmate Kim needs to use the internet facility at my house, to do her homework, I invite her to come over. I don't think twice about asking Kim to come to my house because I care about her and I am concerned that she has her homework submitted on time. I don't want Kim to be put in a uncomfortable situation if her assignments are not completed on the requested date and time along with our fellow classmates.

COMMUNICATOR

I demonstrate my communicative qualities when I speak in more than one language. I try very hard to learn the language of the country that I live in, which is Indonesia, because my father is an Indonesian and I want to be able to converse with my father in his language. My father is also able to speak English, but I feel that I must also learn my father's mother tongue as a show of respect for him, and his country. By learning Bahasa Indonesia I am also improving my ability to communicate alot more effectively with the people who live here in Indonesia. Speaking another language helps me to understand the culture of the country also, this way I don't feel like such a foreigner. Without speaking the language I would not be such a good communicator.

INQUIRER

I demonstrate my skills to inquire when I ask my teacher questions in the classroom. I am not always confident when I ask a question, sometimes I am concerned that my question may not be a sensible one, but I go ahead and ask anyway. I know that by being an inquirer, I will learn much more than I would if I didn't ask questions. I know that people do not mind me inquiring because they know that I am trying to further my education.


KNOWLEDGEABLE
I demonstrate that I have knowledge when I answer questions, either in the classroom or in my daily life. Being the eldest of three children, I am often asked questions by my younger brothers. Having the ability to answer their inquiries correctly and helpfully makes me very happy. Going to school and continuing my education, helps me to become more knowledgeable and therefore
more helpful to others.

OPEN-MINDED

I demonstrate my open-minded quality when I respect the ideas and suggestions of others. I know that the world is a very big place, and that not everyone shares the same ideas and opinions that I do. However, I do understand that everyone is entitled to voice their own opinions. For example, I must respect that other students in my classroom may have a different way of saying, or of doing something, that may be different from my way, but I must always remember that their ideas are just as important as mine, and try to learn from their different perspective.

PRINCIPLED

I believe that I demonstrate that I am a principled person when I do not waver from my beliefs. My belief in Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father is very strong, and therefore I will not change my way of doing things to suit other people if it not what I believe is the right thing to do.I believe that people must be kind, caring, honest and display all of the wonderful qualities that make a good person. I know that I am not perfect, and that I must try to be a good person to set a good example for other people.

RISK TAKER
I demonstrate my ability to take risks when I try new tasks and activities that I have not done before. I am not always sure that I can complete the task well the first time, but I must try my best and be a risk taker so that I can learn. I know that, even if I make mistakes, that I am still learning because we can also learn alot from our mistakes. I have just started to learn kung-fu and I have to try many new things that I am not sure that I can do well the first time, but taking a risk and trying those new things helps me learn. I know that sitting back and watching will not help me become better at something. I must involve myself and try my hardest.

REFLECTIVE
I demonstrate my quality of reflection when I look back over mistakes that I have made in my exams and tests at school. I know that by looking back over my work, and by reflecting on it, that I can learn from my mistakes and try not to make those mistakes again next time. The same thing can also be said if I do something that is good, I can see a positive reaction from my actions and so when I reflect on that situation, I try to remember to do the same next time.


THINKER

I demonstrate my ability to be a thinker when I do my homework each day. I must think carefully before I make a final decision about the information that I put into my homework because we are currently having a competition in grade three about using descriptive and proper English so I try my best to chose my words very carefully. I know that being a thinker is necessary in all areas of our life because good decisions are only made with prior thought. We should not rush into making decisions, but think things out carefully beforehand.


BALANCED

I demonstrate my ability to stay balanced when I pray. I involve myself in many different activities each day and I hear many different ideas from different people, but because I have Jesus in my heart and I spend time everyday praying to Him, this way my spirit stays balanced. God helps me not to get too carried away, too upset or angry, but to stay focused on Him. This is the true way to joy and happiness and I believe the only way to becoming a balanced person too.